Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A dress, a top and a Romper ALL-IN-ONE


Hello again! Boy it's been busy around here. I don't normally plan for back to back blogs--but I couldn't resist sharing my beautiful new Eleanor dress by Honeydew Kisses Sewing Patterns along with the debut of her review over at Pattern Revolution.

***Before I go any further,  you can find all the Honeydew Kisses Patterns on sale till midnight tonight with code presday30 over at the Etsy site OR already discounted on Craftsy. Take advantage of the 30% off sake TODAY only!




The Eleanor pattern is loaded with options; it features pattern pieces for Dress length, Tunic and a Romper and ranges in size from 6 Months to 12 Years. It's packed with optional dress ruffles, 3 different sleeves lengths and flutters, and Hobbes favorite, pockets! She always comes home with treasures she collected from her Kindergarten class-her pockets are filled with jewels, sequence, threads and sometimes even rocks.


I chose to make the Eleanor in Maureen Cranknell's Fleet and Flourish for Art Gallery Fabric. As soon as I saw Gentle Mantel Land (bodice) I knew I wanted to highlight all the different prints synchronized in my 1-yard cut. I wanted to show how breathtaking Maureen's fabric prints can be once cut and constructed to flow from the top of the shoulder to the sleeve. There are so many opportunities to GASP when sewing the Eleanor-especially when your back and side seam perfectly line up. 


I had such a hard time keeping this dress under wraps--Hobbes already wore it twice. We love the stylish curved front bodice, which gives the dress a little bit of a swing without compensating the length. The curved back overlaps high enough for a modest coverage, but it's opening is wide enough to allow your child to slip it on and off without any closures--which is always appreciated in our home; Hobbes likes to dress herself!


For more about the Eleanor Pattern and Honeydew Kisses, follow the Pattern Chat group Here
Thanks to Art Gallery Fabrics for sponsoring this review. 
Read all about her in the full review over at Pattern Revolution.
Come say hi and order this dress at my FB store over at Baby Hobbes Design - I'll have a RTS and Pre-Sale 3/20

Till next time,
Happy Sewing and thanks for spending time with me. I'll leave some extra pics below...
xoxo
~Merav 
Facebook.com/BabyHobbesDesign
IG @ BabyHobbesDesign





No comments:

Post a Comment