Review the list of classes and click Buy Now to reserve your class with a 50% deposit through PayPal.
See general class ruleshttp://babyhobbesdesign.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html#rules.
My Wear Design
This course starts with a 1-hour in home consultation where your little one can be the Fashion Designer. She explores the signature trunk filled with design ideas, patterns, and fabrics to create her very own One of a Kind look, walking through sketching and mockup steps. We will take measurements, put on a fashion show and bring the design to life with a custom, handmade dress.
|Cost: $100 for consultation and basic dress. Additional fees may apply based on dress specifications|
Beginners 101: Unbox, Setup and Sew
A beginner’s adventure into fabrics/notions/PDF patterns and the art of maneuvering YOUR sewing machine. This 3-hour private introductory lesson will break down everything you need to know to sew with your machine and will include a project to finish on your own.
*This class or an equivalent is recommended prior to the Experienced Sewist classes below in order to learn how to use and work your machine.
Bring on the Work
A quick refresher course to get reacquainted with your sewing machine and dive right in to a project. Beginners 101 or prior sewing experience recommended. For this 2-hour class, student and teacher will decide on a sewing project in advance. Teacher will create a lesson plan and homework.
Dolly and Me, a Matchy-Matchy Class
This 2-week, 2-session class will teach children 8-14 and up or parents of younger children how to making matching doll and child outfits. Child size: 6 months to 14, Doll size: 15" or 18".
For the Experienced Sewist
Why buy off the rack when you can learn how to sew for yourself and bring your vision and style to life. This 3-week, 3-session class will teach you sizing and patterns and how to alter a pattern to fit your personal style and shape.
|Cost: Kids Edition $200, Adult Edition $300|
- Sewing machine not included
- Material list will be e-mailed 2 weeks prior to class
- Additional PDF patterns $6-10 each
- A $25 (one time) travel fee will be added per each individual lesson over 30 minutes (1 way) from 60657
- A $50 (one time) travel fee will be added per each individual lesson over 60 minutes (1 way) from 60657
- A $40 fee per additional person will be added, including if a parent participates in a child lesson
- A 50% deposit is required to secure your class; the rest will be collected at the lesson; any additional upgrades or charges will be invoiced following the session
- Teacher reserves the right to cancel lessons/classes up to and including the event date. The student can choose to reschedule or receive a refund of the deposit.
- Student cancellations up to 14 days prior to a class will be able to reschedule or receive a full refund of the deposit. Student cancellations under 14 days prior to a class will be able to reschedule or receive a refund of the deposit less a $25 cancellation fee.
- Lesson credits expire after 6 months of the original date of purchase.
- Lesson credits may only be used on sewing lessons.